Sunday, October 21, 2007

Apple farm and relaxing



Here are a couple of pictures from our preschool field trip to the u-pick apple farm. We took a wrong turn and ended up taking a walking tour of the entire farm... three moms, five preschoolers, two babies, two picking sticks and two buckets! Yikes! Once we found the apples it was a lot of fun. We ended up with a whole 5 gallon bucket full, for only five dollars. We picked fuji, gala, granny smith and some sort of japanese apple. Micah mostly enjoyed hitting the apples out of the tree with a large stick he found. Nope, there's no boy in him at all!

Here's a couple of cute pictures of Lauren falling asleep on Scott. Sundays are long, hard days for her and she's dozing before seven. Not only does she not ever dose, she definately doesn't try to sleep anywhere near to seven o'clock- try eight or nine!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

I see where Lauren gets the bald head from, SCOTT!

Brynn said...

I love this post. In Illinois we had a favorite apple picking farm that we would go to multiple times each fall. But my girls were very serious about picking apples the "right" way - by twisting them carefully until they come off, and then gently placing them in a basket. They'd be horrified with the whacking! I guess they're all girls (or sissies?).

Unknown said...

Sundays are long hard days for all of us. And I end up with Cheerio breath by the end of the day.