Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yosemite











So, a couple weekends ago we realized we've lived here in Northern California all this time and not been to Yosemite. So... despite being 8 months pregnant we packed up for a day of hiking and adventure. We did a few short hikes and saw some pretty amazing things. In retrospect, it's good we did it when we did, I can't imagine going now that I'm more pregnant... Lauren still requires to be carried, we had some stuff and it was HOT but we had an excellent, action packed day. Micah's favorite part- almost seeing a bear! Long story, there was one on the side of the road and I think I caught a glimpse but Micah's still not sure- probably means he didn't see it :) Micah loved climbing up to the waterfalls- he's quite tough. Lauren's favorite moment, a delicious chocolate ice cream cone. I'm not sure if she ate or ended up wearing more... Check out the big belly. Pretty pathetic. You think it's big in this picture, you should see it now. Oh, we also had a impromptu swim in a mountain river which is always fun- I decided to spare the public from a scary display so I only observed. We did find the foreigners swimming in underwear and scary speedos quite disturbing. I actually caught quite a bit of nudity too, I guess some people don't mind nudity in public but I think they were in the wrong country for that!!!

3 comments:

Alex Holladay said...

Scott looks good in my shirts from High School.

Megan and Vinny said...

the photo of micah in the water with the spear looks like he is just about ready to take over as the next survivor man!

Manda Sue said...

Lauren- when you wear your food on your face that just means you enjoy it! dont worry. i do that too!