Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Micah and Girls


So, funny story. I think that Micah is starting to notice girls. He just turned 5! Let me tell you why...
A couple weeks ago Micah said to me after church "Mom, did you see how pretty .... was in church today? I really liked her ponytail and beautiful gold necklace." She's 10.
A couple days later "Mom, have you noticed ....'s friend? She wears this really cute shirt with rainbows on it. She's really cute." She's 10 too....
Oh, the .... is to protect the anonymity of the girls he's referring to.
Then, in Wal-Mart last night he gave a long legged tan and long blond haired teenager in short shorts a much appreciating long look. He even turned around to keep looking at her as she passed us! We're going to have to work on his obviousness.
This morning he told me he had a dream in which Ms. Stephanine, his preschool teacher he refers to as the "young and cute one", had him marrying a girl on the playground. I asked him who the girl was. He said it's a girl in the 3 year old class that has recess at the same time. Come to find out he's been talking to her through the fence! He told me tonight she has "a really cute face and the prettiest curled hair that sticks right out of her head." He thinks her name is Jordan and he's wondering how her hair stays like that.... I guess at least she's younger than he is, for once!
As I'm writing this Scott is out of town. This is all going to come as a shock to him. Maybe they need a man to man talk when he gets home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya think? It doesn't help matters that Micah is drop-dead gorgeous himself. What on earth are you going to do? Hey, don't ask ME for advice. I didn't do such a great job in that area. Sorry .....

Brittany and Scott said...

what a ladies man!! although i would be a little worried too if my 5 year old was giving a teenager the once over and it sounds like he is very observant; that will definitely be beneficial in the years to come. good luck!!